They fed us for free, which was a perk. But the food was mediocre, which was not so much of a perk. I did get the opportunity to ask one of the English professors about having missed the medical exam, and she emailed the man I'd already emailed (M. William Lopez-Palacios) to see if he would get back to her faster than he had gotten back to me, which was not at all. It was wet and windy when we got to Marseille, and it was dry and windy when we finally headed home around 3. Chris, Michelle, and I took the bus both ways - I've now completed about five chapters of the Coraline audiobook; it's very good.
When we got back to Aix, the three of us went and sat in Eqwi, the internet café for a bit, then Michelle and I went on a Cours Mirabeau-wide hunt for a deck of playing cards. Of all the things I forget to pack, you know! Eventually we found some at the Monoprix, and they very oddly have 1s instead of Aces. The kings are Rs (for roi), the queens are Ds (we assume for dames), and the jacks are Vs (for we have no idea whatsoever). At Monoprix, I also picked up a small bungee cord (FINALLY - it's been on my mental "buy next time you go to Monoprix list about since I got here!). The hooks I got to hang my towels and things on prevent my dresser door for staying closed, so I rigged the bungee cord to keep it pulled to while it's not in use. I thought it worked quite well, and now I have bungee cords out of it.
I came back home, hung out for a bit, went and ate dinner at the Canteen, and Chris and I went to Michelle and Rougina's to play cards. We stayed over there for several hours and had a lovely time. I taught them ERS and Golf, and they taught me Hearts, which I played on the Windows 95-XP computers but never really understood. I won ERS but lost both of the other games.
Tomorrow I have a class at Campra, the college, but I'm not sure I'll actually have it because of the general strike. We'll see when that happens.
On an unrelated note, I thought I would post a couple of photos of my room so that you can see where I stay:
That's about it for now. Hopefully class tomorrow will be wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment