It amazes me how all of the major cities that I've been to have carousels. We had two during the Christmas market. Here's Montpelier's:
The "Place de la Comedie" or the square around this building kind of marks the center of town. There were people on strike on Friday. I'm not sure what they're protesting; I'm never really sure what people are protesting.
I noticed this in Nice to some extent, but the full-wall murals were even more impressive here.
If you look, you'll notice that this wall is relatively flat...
But you wouldn't know it even if you stood at this angle and stared for 15 minutes. Which we did.
The walls of the cathedral are really pretty.
And the gargoyles and flying buttresses, too.
I have a lot of pictures of pipe organs. This one was particularly beautiful.
Out in front of the Cathedral.
Despite that Montpelier is the oldest French non-Greco-Roman city, it has this pretty neat aqueduct.
So then we came home and went to bed. It was a long, beautiful, COLD day.
No comments:
Post a Comment